I Am A Musician

Singing has always been my passion, ever since I can remember I was singing, performing and always loved it. I was always singing nursery rhymes, the alphabet, singing to the radio in the car. Mum always bought me CD’s from a young age. I wasn’t until a few years ago I really got serious about it. I never thought of it as something I would do as a career. Dad wanted me to be a lawyer or a doctor but that was never my thing. Since the beginning of high school, that when I started writing music, going to the music room at lunchtime and Miss Daley let me play around with the guitar and keyboard that’s when I taught myself. It just came naturally to me, didn’t really have to try really hard.

When mum and dad died, that was a real reality check. Was I good enough for pursue a career in the music industry? Or did I have to start trying in school again. Living with grandpa didn’t really get me any closer to an answer, but I did give me time to write more music. Miss Daley let me borrow a guitar to take home and because grandpa was deaf I could sing and play all night if I wanted. I’d write hundreds of songs, by the end of year ten and that’s when my school introduced an elite music program for gifted students. Miss Daley put me straight through without auditioning. I excelled in the music program, I became so much better at song writing and my guitar and piano really improved. And when I started posting videos of me on You Tube, that’s when my career really began.

It was cold; I could see my own breath when I was waiting for the bus. It was late, again, as always but that was the last time I ever waited for that bus. That was the day I was travelling to the city but not for school, but for an interview with a big music producer who found me on You Tube. I couldn’t believe this was happening to me! Things like thing don’t happen to kids like me! This only happens to Justin Bieber and Katy Perry, but I suppose they were like me. On the bus I pictured myself walking into his office, head high, shoulders back, then sitting down with a straight back, legs crossed, hands clasped, no fiddling, speaking in a clear, articulate, mature voice. I guess you could say I did the complete opposite. I was so nervous, but I think he could see that. I mean how many 16 year old school girls had he interviewed? Not many, because he signed me.

The last three years have been unbelievable. Recording two record breaking albums, making the music videos, being One Direction’s supporting act for their world tour and now on my own world tour, this is the life I’ve been dreaming of. I am a musician.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!