Tears Of Salt

My tears slide down my face and touches my dry lips. They taste of salt. My tears are full of mixed emotions that have escaped my body. Emotions, difficult to describe.

The fear within me bursts out as the ground shudders and the world crumbles. Crys for help and pleading to just be let go, echoe through the air.

Tears of sorrow can no longer be held back because the world has become wicked and the pain we suffer is immense.

The world is full of extreem lies, hatred, all kinds of suffering and death...this is what makes me leek from the face.

I feel so cold and alone. I cannot feel my legs... if they are still there, i do not know.

Something comes flying towards me, then i feel a sharp pain and sting in my ears.Then noting.I cannot hear. I'm again hit. But this time above my eye. Blood trickles down and catches in my eye. I look up to see red stained on everything. What i see is a horrific sight.

I lay back on the hard and rough ground and close my eyes. I start to feel warmth. Warmth that i felt when my mother and father tucked me into bed and kissed me goodnight. I feel smooth sheets rapped around my body and the softness of my pillow as i rest my head.

Every time i think back on the warmth i once felt, it only ever lasts a minute, then gone. And the pain and fear appears again.

I wish this was just a nightmare that i could wake up from. But it's not.

One day, one day then world will be a better place.
Every tear will be wiped from their eyes and death will be no more. Neither will mourning, nor outcry, nor pain be anymore. The former things will have passed away.

But that time is not yet to come.
Dark shadows come over me as tears of salt roll down my face.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!