My Lovely Yet Annoying Sister

Finalist in the 'Far Out 2012' competition

I know what you’re thinking, “how the hell does that title make any sense?’ Her name is Lovely yet she is utterly NOT that! I am Jake Tonkins, Lovely Tonkins brother. I don’t know why mum called her Lovely because mum is quite smart and has always talked about how when Lovely was born she screamed her head off literally! Lovely still is an absolute devil from the place too horrible to name or as dad says young teenagers would be yelling it out from cheap cars being drove by weirdos with massive holes in their ears. Lovely always comes into my room when I pacifically tell her to STAY OUT! Lovely, then messes it and the next day mum screams like a wild hyena at me for not cleaning my room, though I had until Little Horror appeared! Anyway you’re probably getting the point that she’s horrible and this story is about her and if you’re not that you’re going to have to take the cotton outta your ears! Let’s start!
Here I was minding my own business and watching Can It Buster on the telly, when my ears almost fall off because of Lovely having a screaming match with mum! ‘I MUST HAVE THE PONY BARBIE NOT THIS STUPID HORSE BARBIE!” Lovely yelled so loudly she would have caused an avalanche in the Switzerland Alps! “CAN’T YOU READ IT SAYS PONIE!” mum shouted back but only so she could be heard over Lovely. Lovely looked at the dumb (my opinion) pony packet in her hand and then “Soooorrrrrrrrrrrry mummy.” In a sugar sweet voice which mum can’t resist.....normally! But for once it didn’t work and Lovely had really done it because I’m writing this at SUMMER CAMP!
Summer Camp is the dorkiest thing ever especially Mr Suntime’s Camp Time! There are two of the weirdest people in the world for the fun organisation and there is no escape and I really mean NO ESCAPE! There is a huge fence around the whole camp and I bet it’s electric! But worse of all I’m stuck here with...... LOVELY! 5 months of torture! 5 whole 4 week filled months! I had nightmares at night and the next day it all came true! In canoeing I copped Lovely for a partner, tree hauler I had to lift Lovely’s fat but and then there was catapult and Lovely missed the net. It took ages to get out of the tree! At the end of the day I knew I had to escape.....somehow!?

Next day I tried to climb over the fence and was electrified 10 times! I tried to dig under-electrified, climb a tree and jump over the fence- electrified! I know so much electricity! I tried everything and was unsuccessful each time! I tried for so long! In fact the next day camp was over and mum and dad came! Turns out I read the brochure wrong 5 months was really 5 days! I’m now home and happy, apart from Lovely!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!