RACISM; FOREVER LOOKING

I see families being torn apart like rope.
The reek of dispair is terrible, it burns my throat.
The sobs of tiny children are fingernails on a blackboard.
Even the amazing native animals are anxious for their carers.
And I am just looking, forever looking.

The superior smugness from the caucasians makes me sick.
And the people, they are disgraced for nothing but a dirty rag which smothers the person inside.
The anger in their eyes is grand to see. it is an unquenchable fire which will live forever,
I hear the battle cries of fighting parents, like the roar of tigers defending their cubs.
But when they concede i think fight, fight on.

I hear the crackling of fire and smell the fear. It is never ending, like the circumference of a circle.
And I feel the squishy mud under my feet like a soft carpet,
the rough wood of the tree under my smooth hand,it is my only friend;the only one to support me.
The moist air surrounds me, pressuring me.
And my crushing conscience is yelling at me for looking, forever looking.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!