A Bin In My Bag

A Bin in My Bag

I don’t know why but there has been an awful smell since the start of the school holidays. Now it is the last day of the school holidays and I still don’t know what it is.
“Dale make sure your school bag is ready for tomorrow,” my mum shouted.
As I was walking closer and closer to my school bag the smell got stronger. I couldn’t stand it! Finally I saw my school bag and I was about to faint.

When I was opening the zip of my bag the smell got stronger. Finally I saw the cause of the offending smell. I saw old books, unfinished work with sticky a liquid on it. It was stickier than super glue! There was hidden behaviour sheets with soda spilt all over them. I felt like I was in a garbage bin! But wait, I smelt more. Of course my lunch box! Oh great my lunch box.

I started to open my “death box” and I was afraid of what I would find in there. I opened my lunch box and it was worse than I thought! I saw more behaviour sheets with juice spilt all over them. There were apples softer than a marshmallow, sandwiches with maggots crawling in and out of them and a banana as black as the night.

There was much more in my school bag that I can’t even describe in words! I quickly ran to the nearest laundry and I chucked my bag in the washing machine with everything still in my bag. After the cycle was finished, my bag was very clean. I felt much better, but then I looked in the washing machine and it looked just like my horrible bag.
“Oh Boy. This is even worse. How am I supposed to put a washing machine inside another washing machine? My mum is going to kill me!” I sighed.

By Dale

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!