I Love You!

My sister Aria and I are twins. We are exactly alike, the only difference is I have hair.
Aria suffers from Leukaemia; she has for the last 3 years.
“Mikayla! Can you come here please?” I heard Aria yell from the bathroom. I walked out of my bedroom, down the hall, and into the bathroom.
“Aria?” I asked, looking concerned. Her back was to me. She turned around, tears in her eyes.
“Can you…Can you help me with my needle?” She asked trying to smile. “Of course!” I said grabbing the needle and preparing to inject it into her arm.
“I hate being sick!” Aria said, as I injected the needle into her arm.
“Ready for bed?” I asked Aria after I was done helping her with the needle. Aria grabbed the needle from me and placed it in the cupboard. “Yeah…” She answered slowly.
I could still see the tears in her eyes, I knew the tears weren’t from the needle, she is used to it, the tears are from fear. Aria is afraid she would die.
That night I couldn’t fall asleep, I had a weird feeling in my gut, and so I just laid there staring into the darkness. “Kayla?” I watched my bedroom door open slowly and there stood a figure. “Aria, what’s wrong?” I sat up straight, staring at Aria. “I...I feel sick!” Aria explained to me, I heard her quiet cry. I got out of my bed and walked over to her. “Oh Aria….It’s okay” I hugged her. I looked up at her face and from the dim light I could see her face was very pale, as usual. I pulled her over to my bed, and we both lay down. Right before I fell asleep, I heard Aria’s voice. “Kayla, I know I can always count on you for as long as I live. Thank you!” I hugged her “Hey that’s what sisters are for, right?” She nodded. “I love you, Mikayla, forever and always!”
I woke up to silence, and light sobbing coming from down the hall, Aria wasn’t next to me. I got up and ran to the lounge. Mum was crying and Dad was trying to calm her down.
“Mum…Dad where is Aria?”
“Mikayla…..She’s gone!” I burst out crying and screaming. I was in so much shock.
“I love you Aria, forever and always!” I whispered.

It’s been two weeks, I found out that Aria woke up that morning, vomiting. She died on the way to the hospital. My friends have supported me through everything over the last two weeks. My parents are handling in well, it was hard packing her stuff, but we finally got through it. Yesterday was her funeral, met a lot of family members I haven’t met.
My parents and I are now living back to normal, still remembering Aria, and talking to her at night before I go to bed.
Always wishing she was here with me, so we can be a normal family again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!