Life Is A Nightmare...

Finalist in the 'Far Out 2012' competition

It was a crisp night – the kind of night that makes you snuggle into your jacket as you press on to your destination. This was the night I would learn the details of my inheritance. As I walk up to the pathway of the house, I hear footsteps inside the house. As I open the door, I see a man a gun being pointed straight to my face.
I slowly pull out my FBI Badge and the gun is slowly lowered.

“Why are you here?” The man says quietly
“This is my assignment. There is a monster which I must kill.” I say forcefully.
He nodded. The noise of a body falling to the ground comes from upstairs. As I reach for my gun, the other man slowly begins to walk up the old wooden stairs. As we reach upstairs, the other man begins to slowly back out of the room. I walk into the room. As the light from above was dim, I had to squint. I finally see a woman’s lifeless body laying is a pool of blood. I reach for my flashlight; I see there is writing on the wall. The monster wrote in blood, ‘Now that you are here, you will never see the daylight ever again.’ I hear a sudden sound of scurrying feet come from the opposite room. The two men crept into the next room. A man's body was hanging from a rope. The men heard scurrying noises behind them. One man turned around. Instantly he fell to the floor. The other man turned around fired his gun.
"COME INTO THE LIGHT, YOU EVIL BEAST!" I yell into the darkness.

The noise of moaning echoed into the empty room. A dark figure fell near the man's feet. He gasped... he whispered to himself,
"Have I killed the monster? No it can't be..." The monster jumped up and stabbed the man. His body fell to the wooden floors. The man moaned in agony. The monster muttered,
"Now you will never see the light again..."
The monster took the body and threw it into a safe.

A few days later, a car pulled up at the gate of the house, he crept into the house, surprised at the amount of blood against the walls. It was only a few seconds later before he heard the sound of the door handle being turned. Another man entered the room.
"Why are you here?" the man whispered.
"I am here to kill the monster" the women whispered.
As the two adventured upstairs, the didn't know what was going to happen in the next couple of minutes...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!