Sandra Black

“Look! That house!” James pointed. I stopped on the pavement.
I followed his gaze. It was a white and red house. Medium sized and pretty.
“What about it?”
“It’s haunted!”
“Seriously?” I asked.
He wasn’t really joking; his face reflected excitement. The house didn’t look haunted. Instead the paint looked fine. The tiles were fixed. It looked alright. Like any house.
“Let’s go in.” James hurried toward it.
“But it’s late!”
“Stuff that!”
“Will you atleast tell me the whole haunted thing?”
“This girl called Sandra killed in this house, nothing different.” He climbed over the fence.
“Wait! I can’t climb!” I yelled embarrassed. I didn’t want to be left alone.
James looked down at me.
“You’re such a wimp.” He pulled me up. He easily landed on his feet. I fell facedown into leaves.
“Ouch! What’s-?” I trailed off when I looked at the house.
The house was so eerie. Chills ran down my spine when I saw it. I felt like I was in eye contact with someone lurking inside. There was no hint of light inside and there was pin drop silence.
“This isn’t a good idea.” I said standing.
Ignoring me he walked ahead.
“Wait!” I ran after him and into the house. Then froze. The house looked creepy. My heart raced. James stood a few meters away.
“Let’s get out of here.”
He smirked at me.
“James-”
He jolted into the house leaving me petrified.
“JAMES!” His footsteps got fainter.
Then everything fell silent. I stood still and looked around. I shivered. I had a bad feeling. I wanted to get out. But I couldn’t leave James in there.
Everything looked scary. The people in the pictures had taunting eyes.
There were dolls with missing heads and eyes all around the place. I slowly took steps back. Then something caught my eye when I looked at the window.
I saw figure walking through the front yard. Steadily. Was that James? Did he just leave me here when he knew I’ve got phobias?
Anger raged inside but soon gave way for fear. “Play with me.” A voice whispered. When I saw the doll that was speaking, my nerves burst. A meter tall, one pale eye, dry hair, worn out plastic face.
I screamed and ran without turning back. I ran home shut the door. How could James do that? I know his idiocy but this was outrageous. I’ll never forgive him.
I slumped on my bed sobbing. Surprisingly, I fell asleep.
When I woke up, remembering yesterday wasn’t pleasant. I noticed two pieces of paper on my table that I didn’t see yesterday. When I looked at it, it was a piece of todays’ paper. The title said: “JAMES PATTERSON MISSING.”
My heart went into shock. I shivered as I looked at the other letter.
The words made me freeze.
Aren’t you glad you ran away?
Xoxoxoxoxoxo
Sandra
The paint was wet, which meant I wasn’t alone then or now, Sandra’s here. With me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!