Jack & James Versus The Earth Monsters

One day, in a small town, there was something strange going on in the school graduation. ‘And now it’s time for the Startex kids to speak!’ ‘Hello everyone!’ ‘And hello too!’ ‘We are so happy we have graduated!’ Suddenly the floor started shaking. The floorboards broke onto pieces. ‘What’s happening!’ said James ‘I don’t know!’ said Jack. A giant monster made out of boxes, crates, floorboards and nails. ROOAAR! ‘Let’s run!’ said James. ‘I can’t!’ said Jack ‘I’m stuck!’ ‘I can’t get you!’ said James ‘I can’t jump that far!’ Suddenly the wood started weakening. Then, Jack fell down. The wood broke into pieces. ‘Ahhh!’ ‘No! Jack!’ Before he hit the ground, the monster caught him threw him in his box mouth. Jack tried to find a way out. But then he noticed boxes were able to break then, quickly he smashed the crate and freed himself. James thought that it was fun so he jumped and smashed off the monster’s left leg. Then the monster fell. BOOM! It exploded! Everyone clapped and cheered.

On the way home from school, Jack and James heard something strange rustling in the ‘Big ‘o’ tree’. ‘What’s that rustling sound?’ said James confused. ‘Look!’ shouted Jack. ‘There’s something glowing in the tree?!’ Suddenly the roots and branches of the tree started moving until, it turned into a monster! ‘Why do we always get the monsters?’ Said Jack annoyed. RAHH! ‘AHHH!’ Jack and James picked up rocks and dirt and started throwing it at the tree monster. ‘Kapow!’ ‘Blam!’ the boys shouted ‘It’s not working!’ ‘Look!’ shouted James ‘A chain!’ ‘And look! A saw! This equals a chainsaw!’ James quickly ran to his house’s shed and grabbed the chainsaw ‘Here we go!’ James turned on the chainsaw and quickly started sawing the tree monster. ‘All cut!’ said James happily. The tree monster hit the ground like a falling boulder.

‘Now’ said James ‘Let’s go to the markets to find something to protect us from another monster if it attacks us’ ‘your right’ agreed Jack. ‘But where are the markets?’ ‘Remember that spare map in your pocket’ ‘OK I will take it out!’ ‘Look!’ said James happily. ‘We just go to Olone Street, then up Shor Avenue and bang! We’re there!’ in five minutes Jack and James were there ‘Cool!’ shouted Jack excited ‘Look!’ shouted James. ‘It’s a metal shop!’ ‘Let’s go!’ the two boys ran to the metal shop and asked for metal. ‘Hi!’ said James shyly. ‘May we have some metal’ ‘Sorry, no metal’ said the blacksmith. ‘Wait!’ he said ‘There’s a trolley over there’ ‘How much is it?’ they both said ‘5 bucks’ he said ‘OK, let’s have it!’ they gave him the money and took the trolley. Jack rode it while James pushed it.Suddenly from a huge crack in the ground a rock monster came out! ROARAH! It flicked Jack and James away ‘Not another monster!’ said Jack annoyed ‘Look out!’ shouted James. They went to the edge of the cliff. The monster ran after them. ‘Quick! I’ve got a plan!’ ‘Let’s jump out then the monster will trip over and fall into the sea!’ ‘Well got to do it fast! He’s coming!’ SPLASH! The monster tripped over and splashed into the sea ‘We did it!’ they both shouted.

After that, they both ran home and said the words they’ve been waiting for. ‘It’s good to be home!’

THE END

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!