Teddy Bear Secrets

It all started that day I got sent down to the basement for pouring bright orange paint on my brother’s artwork. I was only 8 but I was rebellious. I just sat there on an old, rusted chair in basement waiting and waiting for my ticket out of the dark and mysterious basement. After a while of sitting I became really bored so I decided to go and search around the basement. I wanted to find something interesting that would make my time fly. There was a dark green box in the corner of the basement, covered by thick dust. Inside was a pile of old books about space but at the bottom there was something special, a teddy bear. The teddy was green with a black and white, dotted vest and a bowler hat. It had small blue eyes and a wide beaming smile. Just then my mother told me to come out.

That night I slept with it. I didn’t mind the dust, I just wanted to find what it was doing there. That night I stared at the drawer in the top right corner of the wall next to me. It had a tiny keyhole right in the middle but I never found a key. The next day I brought the teddy bear to school but everyone laughed at me and I was bullied. They said I was a baby and that I cry everyday. That night I went over to sleep in my grandma’s house. I showed her the teddy bear and asked if she knew anything about it, but she didn’t answer. I slept with it again but the next morning it disappeared. I looked everywhere for it and asked my grandma but it was no where to be seen. I needed to go back home to get ready for school but I doubted my grandma knew nothing about it.

When I entered the front gate of my home I saw the teddy bear on a gnome. The gnome scared me. It had huge and empty eyes that stared into mine. It also had a wicked grin that gave me the creeps. I went over but the teddy bear was stuck on and I couldn’t get it off. I pulled and pulled until the whole gnome came out. Then I saw pictures underneath it. I looked through them and noticed a man that looked my granddad. He was holding the same teddy bear I found. Another picture showed something shiny coming out of the teddy bear. I used a magnifying glass which I found in my dad’s fishing kit. I studied the picture and noticed that it was a key. I decided to open the teddy bear up and I found a tiny key smaller than my pinkie finger. I tried the key in the drawer in my room and it opened. Inside I found $200 and a gun.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!