Vengeance

One cold dark night in a village lived a widow and her son whose name was Eric. He was only 7 months old when his dad died and his mother was the only one he had. One evening a group of foul creatures came in and killed his mother. After they killed his mother they burnt the house down and left Eric to die. Fortunately a man ran into the house and saved Eric. His name was Renaldo. Renaldo took Eric and promised to protect him.
As Eric got older his skills improved and by the time he was 11 he could use bows and arrows. By age 14 he had was an accomplished swordsman. At 17 he had killed his first bear and sold the fur so he could buy food for Renaldo and himself.
One night the same group of foul creatures came in to Renaldo’s house while Eric was coming out getting food. As the group went into the house Renaldo saw them and tried to fight however he was out numbered. Renaldo killed two of them but others came from behind to stab him in the back. Eric heard Renaldo’s scream and hurried back, but didn’t make it in time to save him.
Even though the odds, 3 to 1, weren’t good for Eric he continued to fight. Eric drew his turquoise sword and charged for their leader. However his henchmen furiously attacked Eric while the leader watched. With difficulty Eric was just able to keep dodging attacks until he found the right moment to jump out of the way, the two guards almost sliced their hands off. But this distraction was all Eric needed to win the battle. Swiftly rising to his feet, he stabbed straight through both guards and killed both. Then Eric screamed at the leader, “You will pay for what you did. For killing my family and Renaldo, my master, now die!”
Eric was no match for the creature. The creature’s speed was like no one could ever imagine. Eric had to think of a way to win and fast because he was losing energy. Eric rolled on his back, aimed his bow and shot for the creature. It was a killing hit. With a burst of energy Eric got to his feet and finished it off. He made a promise to destroy any evil that might be lurking around and declared revenge for his loved ones.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!