KIDNAPPED

“Help!” I yelled as a rubber-gloved hand came down over my face. I started struggling to free myself but my opponent was too strong. Suddenly I stopped as I felt something cold and hard on my back.

“Get into the car now or I’ll shoot,” said my attacker in a rusty voice.

When I got in the car he tied me up then he picked up a brief case that was on the floor and put it near my head. He opened it and he took out a needle. Suddenly I felt a stab of pain in my left arm. I started to feel dizzy, my head seemed to spin and then I sank into blackness.

* * * * *

“Ryan, he’s waking up!”
“Good” Ryan shot back. My eyes snapped open remembering his voice and what happened. Ryan grabbed me roughly and brought me to a door to the side of the room. At the desk sat a middle-aged man with his jet-black hair brushed back. His face was one of a young mans and he had bulging muscles. “Come, sit down” he said to me in a deadly voice
“What’s your name?”
“Chris,” I said.
“How old are you?”
“13.”
The boss looked down at his sheet and frowned. He shot a look at Ryan and shouted at him, “You got the wrong person you fool.” “I am sorry,” Ryan mumbled. “I will have you punished for this, now he knows our plan to take over the government,” the boss roared.

While this was going on I had sneaked my way to the door. They had stopped fighting but I kept moving. I stopped suddenly as I felt someone touch my shoulder, I turned to see the boss; he was pointing a gun at my forehead, shaking his head. He grabbed my hands and tied them behind my back. He half led, half dragged me to an abandoned building outside. He dumped me down next to the building and tied a little black box to my chest. Then he walked off without a sound. When he was gone I tried to get my hands free of the rope. I had flexed my wrist muscles so now I could wiggle my hands out. “Yes, I’m free!” I whispered to myself, “Now what on earth is this little box?” I flipped open a flap and what I saw made my mouth go dry. Under the flap a timer was going, counting down, 62, 61… There was 1 minute left until the bomb would explode! My hands started to shake and my brain was screaming for me to get away.

I ripped my shirt off, ran to the next house and dived behind it. As soon as I hit the ground there was a penetrating bang. I got up slowly, even though my whole body was shaking. I have to tell the police, I thought as I ran away, I hope I made it there in one piece.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!