Sammy The Seal

Have you ever seen the beautiful seals splashing about in the ocean? Well if you have, you know how glorious they are. These animals are dying from plastic bags and litter. Other animals are dying from plastic too. One day my family and I went for a walk. We were enjoying the lovely day when we saw all these plastic bags dumped on the ground. It was horrible to see all these plastic bags destroying the environment. Plastic bags have been around for 30 years and are extinguishing nature. Plastic bags are also affecting wildlife and the environment. Australia uses 3.92 billion plastic bags a year and ten million new bags are used every day. This shows that Australia uses too many plastic bags a year and too many new plastic bags are used every day. We need to lower the amount of plastic bags and stop using them. As I looked around on our wonderful walk I saw right before my eyes a dead baby seal, lying on the edge of the surf. Tears streamed down my face as I said “Mum and Dad why is this seal dead? Why??” ………Sammy the seal was playing out in the ocean with his little sister, Sarah. They were having a lovely time when all of a sudden a beautiful big white fish billowed in and out of the water. They both licked their lips thinking of how delicious it would be to eat this wonderful big fish. “MMMMMMMM” Sammy the seal said. “I think I’m going to eat it” he said to Sarah. “Ok” said Sarah. “I’m not hungry, although it does look rather tasty!” She said also licking her lips. So Sammy the seal gulped the big white fish down. Gone just like that in a blink of an eye, and Sammy the seal wanted more. After a while the got sick of playing around in the ocean so they swam back home. When he got home he felt sick. His tummy felt like there were butterflies everywhere inside. He really didn’t feel good so he told his mamma, Kelly. His mamma asked him “what did you eat last?” And Sammy said “I ate a big white fish!!” “Oh No Sammy” his mamma cried! “That wasn’t a fish it was a toxic plastic bag,” his mamma cried even louder. His whole family were shattered to hear this terrible news. As the days went by Sammy the seal got sicker and sicker and felt really bad. His family knew that he was going to die soon and were really upset. He didn’t live long after that, he got worse and worse and eventually he died. His family were so unhappy but his mamma Kelly was the most upset. She had lost her baby seal, Sammy. After he had died he was washed up into the shore and was never seen again by his parents who missed him very much. The next you get offered a plastic bag, what will you say?

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!