Zach Meets The School Bully

“Zach - WAKE UP!” mum bellows.
“Okay,” I scream, dragging out my uniform. It is a dull grey number, BORING.
It doesn’t inspire great thoughts of my new school – Cambridge Public School.
I quickly get dressed and race downstairs to feast on breakfast.
“Hurry up! Get in the car!” Mum demands.
I buckle myself in and I picture what my new school will be like.
Screech! The car comes to a stop and the door flings open.

As red as a beetroot I stumble out of the car.
“Goodbye honeybunch,” Mum yells (EMBARRASSING).
I cautiously walk in the gates of Cambridge; it’s crowded. I make my way through the long corridor and see a collection of thugs laughing at me outside a room labeled ‘Detention’. I plod forward, brave faced, but as our paths meet I am tripped over and they start punching me before running off cackling.
“Ouch,” I mutter under my breath.

Picking myself up, I slowly climb the stairs as if I am destined for death and arrive at my new class just before the bell. I sit in the only seat not taken - next to the kid who started the attacks in the corridor. He is an ugly brute, the usual type – scruffy hair, two chipped teeth and a head filled with a gooey substance not dissimilar to green stinky vomit. I don’t make any eye contact and he grunts as I sit down – his communications skills are obviously limited.

The teacher walks in, “Good morning.”
Everyone replies ‘Morning sir,” like robots.
He approaches my desk and introduces himself as Mr Grimwood. He requests I stand up and informs the class I am new. A speckled kid called Paul Wicket volunteers to take me under his wing. Mr. Grimwood drones on and on about the First Fleet. His nostrils flare out when he speaks and I reckon he is a distant relative of some fire-breathing dragon.

Finally! The bell rings for lunch. Everyone salvages their food from their bags. I race out to the playground making my mind up to go on the swings. As I rush over to be first in line something stops me. It’s the huge boy from class - in fact I think he isn’t human he is possibly a troll who has tricked the Principal. He snatches my triple choc-chip fudge brownie that I was really looking forward to eating.
I gather up the courage and find my voice; “Give it back!” I plead.
“NO!” he booms like a clap of thunder.
I wail whilst he stuffs it in his cavernous mouth. He smugly opens his jaws, showing me the crumby remains. Suddenly, a revolting, diseased ridden pigeon plunges wildly upon my foe, pecking rapidly at the miniature morsels.

A grin gradually grows across my face as the cowering thief whimpers. The pigeon, satisfied takes flight, leaving a final footnote… a white, stinky poo-bomb on his head - KARMA.
Paul comes over: “Zach, you have met the school bully – Frank."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!