Madison The Most Talented Dolphin Ever!

It was just an ordinary day for Maddy at Dolphin State School.
Madison is an extremely smart, very talented young dolphin. She has a beautiful, kind sole and has the shiniest sky blue coloured skin with very curly, medium brown hair. It was the shade of sky blue that I have only seen in my dreams. She is a beautiful dancer and she looked forward most of all to the end of year concert. She is extremely dedicated to her maths and loves science and eating lunch with her best friends. She attends the Dolphin State School of The Sea.
It is in the centre of the deep blue ocean – just south of the Great Barrier Reef. It is a state of the art school with over 1000 students and 50 teachers including teacher aides. These students range from prep to year 12. Maddy is in year 6D. There are 25 dolphins in her class and they are being taught by 2 of the greatest teachers ever. At the moment they are learning German as their LOTE language. The first thing Maddy learnt in German is how to count to 10.
When you asked Maddy the hardest maths question you could possibly think of, she would be able to answer it with no troubles at all. But one day, she was unable to answer a question. She and her team mates were in a maths trivia quiz contest with other teams from schools across the ocean. Maddy’s team was called, ‘Team Dolphins’. The team was relying on Maddy to win the trivia quiz. Suddenly, she had a blank moment and she couldn’t answer the question…. suddenly, she had it:
“1000x1000+2500 = 1, 002, 500,” said Maddy.

“Correct.” said Mr Smith. After a small amount of deliberation the judges made their final decision and were ready to make the all-important announcement. And the winners are…”Team Dolphin” – they were so excited. They had never won such a prestigious challenge realising that all of their hard work had finally paid off.
The “Team Dolphin” team mates were so proud of themselves and they thanked Maddy for all of her efforts – even though she had that brief blank moment. A celebration party was held which included as much pizza and crème caramel that they could eat. There were lots of balloons and party poppers. Maddy showed that she was very responsible and cleaned up after the party. The next day at school when Team Dolphin got back to their classroom, their teacher was EXTREAMLY impressed. She gave them each a lollypop, a chocolate ice-cream and a packet of lollies! This was for all their hard work.
“ Yummy, thank you.” said Maddy.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!