Face Your Fears

FACE YOUR FEARS

PART 1

1894
AUGUST 23RD
I escaped with only the clothes I was wearing... dirty ripped and blood stained. Two other convicts escaped along side of me. I could barely walk with all the deep cuts from the barb-wire covering the solid brick wall I had jumped earlier. The sound of gun shots made me jump as they came closer and closer, I felt a bullet strike my left leg and I fell to the ground. My life flashed before my very eyes as I lay knocked unconscious.

AUGUST 25TH
When I woke I lay still in the long, dead grass, staring up at the grey sky. The taste of dirt swirled in my mouth. A couple of black blurs circled the sky. Later I noticed, they weren’t just a black blur... they were vultures, waiting anxiously to feed on my bare flesh. I slowly became more aware to them as they started coming towards me. I clenched a ragged branch in my hand; I could feel the thin pieces of wood digging into my bare hands as I repeatedly thought to myself, “is this the end for me?”
I struggled but I slowly began to stand, using as much energy as possible. I waved my branch around, trying to fend for myself as they surrounded me. It wasn’t long before there were dozens of vultures waiting to feed on me.

AUGUST 26TH
As I poked and wacked as many as I could, like I had been doing so for a day. I began to get tired... I couldn’t go on. I fell to the ground in exhaustion and just then, I heard a faint sound in the distance. It got louder and louder. Slowly, the big burdens started to stand down and eventually flew away. And then I saw it, a truck, and it was heading my way! I got up and ran towards it, I stopped in the middle of the road waving my arms in the air like a mad man. The trucks brakes screeched in front of me as it stopped, the man got out of the car. He was a nice man but he did not know that I was wanted all over town. But if I told him that would probably eliminate the element of kindness towards me, so I don’t.

AUGUST 28TH
He took me to the hospital; I thanked the man and then got out of the car. But if I was to go into the hospital I would just be noticed and put back that big cage (jail). So I just ran into the big bushland near the hospital and tried to figure out a plan. My only fear was that a policeman would find me. I was going to need a disguise.
Later I found a place with wigs, clothes, glasses, even fake noses! It was the perfect plan.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!