Facing The End

I was falling, just falling. I couldn't hear anything. I had my eyes closed. All I could see was black. The sun might have been right in my face, but I could just see black. I started to think about what I had done in my life.

My life was weird, bad. When I was young, everyone in the world had died. I was born just after he virus hit. For some unknown reason, I could see my whole life. I had to fend for myself. I worked myself up, became strong and learned how to supply myself with food. I turned twelve and that is when I started my search right there and then. I started to think about how I could repair humanity, how to restore life. I searched for ten years, looking for help. A sign. Another human being. I started thinking about what humanity would have been like. What I would have been like if the virus hadn't hit. Well, that's what I think it was. A virus.

In all that time I didn't speak to anyone, so I didn't talk, I was basically silent. I thought most of the time, to myself.

I turned twenty-two and I sat and thought about how I could start a quest ' to restart life'. I started to think, as I always do, that I should give up. I remembered a waterfall nearby. I walked there and jumped.

I opened my eyes to find myself hanging on a branch. I climbed up the tree and said; no screamed, 'I will face the end head on and not be a wimp at all!'

I started my search in hope of finding another human being.

Just like me.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!