Wizards

Finalist in the 'Far Out 2012' competition

A long time ago there was a King who was terribly ill, but 5 wizards were bringing him a special potion to save his life. To get to the King, the wizards needed to fight monsters and zombies that lived in the woods surrounding the palace.

They had different powers, the first wizard, Joey, had the power to turn into any monster. The second wizard, Lisa, had the power to blow stuff far away. The third wizard, Dennis, had the power to shrink things. The fourth wizard, Luke, had the power to become invisible and shoot lasers from his eyes. The final wizard, Ash, had the power to heal people. All of the wizards could fly.

One night the wizards were camping in the woods. They heard a sound creeping up to them, so Luke turned invisible and went out of the tent to see what was happening. The other wizards were waiting for him. When Luke came back he said, ‘‘there are zombies out there!’’ A zombie broke into the tent and grabbed Lisa. Suddenly Joey turned into a huge monster. He picked up the zombie and through it over the woods! But then the wizards turned around and saw thousands of zombies running towards them. Lisa used her amazing ability and blew half of the zombies away. Luke used his lasers but only hit two zombies. The zombies clawed at him ripping his shirt. Joey, who was still a huge monster, picked up all the zombies with one huge hand and with the other dug a hole. Joey squished the zombies in the hole and buried them. Luke was badly hurt, so he asked Ash, ‘Can you heal me?’’ Ash said ‘‘ok.’’ Eventually all of Luke’s scratches and bruises were gone.

The next morning they were still tired from the day before, so they all had a nap. Dennis woke up with shivers because he had had a nightmare. It was about monsters taking over the world. But after a little while he got over it, then Dennis looked behind him and there was a ten foot tall monster. Luckily he was able to shrink him to the size of a bee and squash him. Dennis heard loud footsteps approaching so he woke up the other wizards and told them something is coming. Luke turned invisible to check what it was. As Luke came running back he yelled, “There are ten monsters out there!” Joey turned into a ten foot monster and Dennis got ready to shrink them. When they came Dennis quickly shrunk them and Joey attacked two and Lisa blew all the monsters to the sun. Finally the wizards made it out of the woods and could see the King’s palace. The wizards flew to the huge door and knocked on it. A guard opened the door. The wizards came in and saw the King, he was dying. Joey quickly gave the potion to the King, who drank it and never got sick again.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!