The Prince And The Dragon

Finalist in the 'Far Out 2012' competition

Once upon a time there was a prince who wanted to fight a dragon. He lived in a castle on top of a grassy hill. He lived with the queen and the king and there was a village beside the hill. The village was full of lots of people. The king and the queen wanted the prince to prove he was brave by fighting a dragon.
So he went and got his horse and rode into the woods. When he hadn’t gone far, some bats were flying in the sky. Then when he had gone further he saw a cave that was made of rocks. The prince was thinking about what things would live in this scary cave. The cave had steam coming out of it and he knew it must be a dragon cave. Just then the scaly dragon came out of the cave.
The dragon didn’t want to be mean so they became friends very quickly. So the dragon came back to the castle with the prince. All the people in the village were scared of the dragon. They were very angry because they wanted the prince to fight a dragon, not bring one home!
The people told the prince to fight another dragon because he didn’t fight the dragon the last time. So the prince went to fight in the woods. He saw a dragon and told him that if he wanted to fight he would kill him. The dragon was a scardy cat and didn’t want to fight the prince. The prince took the dragon home like he did with the other one. He got in so much trouble that he got a smack on the bottom and he had tears coming down his face.
So they gave up making him fight a dragon and said to fight a wolf instead. He wasn’t sure that there were any wolves in the woods. He saw some black things behind the bushes which moved. They were wolves, they looked fierce and they were coming closer and closer. One nearly bit him but he stabbed at him with his stick. Then all the wolves ran away and the prince went back to the castle. The people in the village were a little bit angry because they wanted the prince to kill all the wolves. They gave up making the prince fight anything.
The prince wanted to be brave so he sneaked out of the castle and went to fight a dragon. It was a fierce dragon and very angry. When he started to fight the dragon it scratched his arm with a sharp claw on its very long legs. The prince kept fighting and the dragon started to run away. The prince went back to the castle and told the people about the dragon. They did not believe him. So he showed them the scratch on his arm. Then they believed him. They baked a big cake and had a party to celebrate. The prince felt wonderful.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!