I Can Hear Animals Speak

Once upon a time, I woke up and mum and dad were asleep. I had breakfast and then went to school. On the way I saw a puppy. I said "Shoo! Go away!". He did.

At school I learnt a lot. I said I wanted to tell mum and dad so much that I took a short cut. I said to myself "I think I'm lost". Then I saw that same puppy. I thought I heard a voice! I looked around and saw no-one there. I heard it again! He or she said "look down".

I did and it was the dog speaking to me! I thought I was nuts. I said "Are you speaking?" I shivered as he told me not to worry. I thought I had powers. It was so cool! I can't wait! How come I can understand you?

I was walking home and the puppy was following me. I said "What's your name and where is your home?" My name is "Herrely" said the dog.

Me and Herrely went home but I didn't tell mum that I could hear animals speak. I asked her if I could have a puppy and mum said "Maybe" I promised that I would clean my room, make my bed, vacuum the house and clean my teeth. I also promised to buy a bed for Herrely, some toys and take him for lots of walks.

A week later mum agreed and I got to keep Herrely. We got along really well and I taught him some tricks. In the end I told mum that I could speak to and hear animals. Me and Herrely go to the park every week and I am always helping other animals.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!