Sam And Chloe's Night Time Adventure

Sam and Chloe’s Nighttime Adventure
On a dark and silent night, where the stars were shining as bright as the afternoon sun, two children went out for a walk. These particular children were called Sam and Chloe. While they were walking, Sam got a bit thirsty, so he reached for his drink bottle in his backpack, but just realized that his whole backpack was gone!
“Chloe, my backpack is gone!” he exclaimed.
“You must have dropped it or left it somewhere. Let’s retrace our steps” she replied. So Chloe and Sam turned around and headed back. Crunch, crunch went the autumn leaves as the two kids marched on their way.
Chloe and Sam went back up the misty, moonlit mountain. It seemed like the grass was dancing and swaying to the beat of the breeze. Nobody said it, but like they were walking on forever and ever until finally the kids came to a cave that they had never seen before. Within the cave lay a sleeping bear, beneath the bear’s chest was a blue and black backpack which turned out to be Sam’s! The bear continued snoring very loudly. The only problem was that Sam had to get his backpack back but how would he do that?
“Come on” whispered Chloe “Let’s go!” “No way am I going in there!” said Sam unwillingly.
But Chloe went ahead as usual and entered the darkness filled cave. She accidentally stepped on a twig that was lying on the rocky ground. The bear woke in the sudden silence and sensed Chloe in the blackness by her movements.
“Oh no!” thought Chloe. The bear will see me!”She kept on going because she knew she needed to get that backpack back. She reached out her hand and gently stroked the bear’s soft brown fur. “It almost feels like silk!“ She thought. The animal immediately shot up like a bullet but slowly calmed down because Chloe’s strokes were almost hypnotic to the bear. It nestled into Chloe’s lap as she sat down silently.
Sam was worried about his big sister even though he was the younger one.
“Chloe! Chloe, where are you?” whispered Sam as he couldn’t see his sister.
”Ssshhh, Said Chloe softly, you are going to alarm the bear! The animal fell asleep again. So she grabbed the backpack swiftly and sneakily.” Yes!” shouted Chloe as the siblings were on their way back home. “I got it, I got it! I got the backpack!” “Thanks Chloe.” replied Sam gratefully.
The two children opened the door to their two storey brick house. Went up to their rooms without waking their parents up and went back to sleep. “Hoot, hoot”, sung the owls as Sam and Chloe drifted their way off to a soundless sleep.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!