Back To The Start

The cruise I was on was luxurious. It went calmly cross the Pacific making its way towards Australia. The ship contained of so many entertainment and a buffet. There was an indoor as well as an outdoor swimming pool with deck chairs for comfort. A movie theater downstairs and also shops with famous brands. I was standing right at the front of the ship feeling the wind gently pushing me. It was a great feeling to come back to Australia from Britain as well as being on a luxurious ship but then, the wind grew stronger.

The waves crashed around me. I may have this power but I can’t control it. I can travel back in time. I was wearing uncomfortable clothes. I was standing on wooden decks. I was being yelled at. I was on a boat to Australia in the First Fleet in 1787. It was no way luxurious. The smell stunk of both people and animals and we were all cramped together. We all really wanted to reach our destination at Botany Bay so we could be on land again. Many people got sea sick. It was a really bad feeling.

A storm gathered up towards us. The decks creaked every time we move side to side. Everyone was exhausted working, pulling sails up, swinging the mast around. Waves kept on creeping onto us then crashing down onto our decks. We were all holding on for our dear lives so we could reach Botany Bay safely and make a new settlement. The worst part of the journey was always the sea part. I really wanted to get back to my luxurious cruise I was on. I hate this power. I couldn’t even control it. If I could, I would’ve liked it. I would’ve LOVED it. So all I think now is that I need to Botany Bay till I could go back to my luxurious ship...

Everyone now was very fatigued. Everyone was very wet from waves crashing on us. We were being over taken by giant waves. We thought that Botany Bay was so close yet so far but we were only half-correct. The crows-nest person sighted land shouting, “LAND AHOY!” This stunned everybody. A big cheer came up from the crew, convicts and free settlers as well as the passengers on the luxurious ship from Britain...

I was back on the luxurious ship. I had to take my time and feel what it was like on a luxurious ship again. We finally reached Australia with a big cheer from all the passengers thanking the crew and captain for bringing us back to Australia safely. We landed at Botany Bay as well taking our luggage off and going back home!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!