The Day Everything Went Wrong

Finalist in the 'Far Out 2012' competition

I fell out of bed to see that my alarm clock hadn’t gone off. I was late for school!
I rushed to the bathroom, grabbed what I thought was my toothpaste and brushed my teeth. To only find out it was actually my sisters’ colour hair mousse. I looked in the mirror to see my teeth were dark brown.
No time to worry about it now, I needed to have breakfast I was late for school! I grabbed the milk and cereal and ate as quickly as I could. While eating I found the cereal to have an awful taste, I looked at the box and saw that I had eaten the dog food pellets. Oh I felt so sick!
I rushed upstairs to get dressed. I didn’t want to miss the bus! I grabbed my school bag and ran to the bus stop. I found it strange that I was the only one waiting for the bus. 10 minutes later and there was still no bus in sight. Well, no time to waste, I had to get to school. I started running as fast as I could. I looked behind me and saw that a dog started chasing me. I don’t need this now, and ran very fast. The dog grabbed my uniform, I looked down and saw I had put on the wrong shoes and was wearing my brothers’ uniform. Oh! How could this day get any worse?!
Along the way my bag became lighter and lighter. I stopped to see that my zip on my school bag was open and all my books had fallen out along the way...
Finally I got to school, the gates were closed and there was not a person around. Just ME!!!
Confused, I looked around and found Mr Gold the school caretaker. I asked him where everyone was and why the school gates were locked. His answer was not a good one...”lt’s Saturday”, he replied!
I sat on the school steps and laughed out loud!!!!!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!