God Is There For You

Dear diary,
Happiness, what is the definition of happiness? In a society that we live in at the moment is all about money and greed , people say its important to appreciate for what you have and not be selfish. In my opinion it really is a big challenge to set, but to be honest, I really just control my selfishness to others and somehow I find it difficult to appreciate for what I have and not be selfish to others and somehow for some reason I just really can’t appreciate. But my perspective on happiness is different now , and that happened from the day I met the inspiring truly amazing woman that had a remarkable story to tell .
One day I was walking down the streets on a rainy day , the sounds of soft calm dripping rain falling down from the grey gloomy dark haunting sky , the droplets of rain falling down on your delicate lashes . As I was walking I saw a women drenched in the freezing rain , She was drenched , her skin looked pale but flawless , her clothes were filthy, she has brown rotten patches on her coat. I was curious and worried about her , so I asked her , “ aren’t you cold ? “ she replied with her gentle kind soothing voice” no , it’s warm but thank you” , Then she smiled with her big dimples .
She had the biggest smile ever ! I was interested in this kind woman , she was a stranger but around her was this heart-warming atmosphere around her that made me feel that I wanted to create a friendship with her . As time passed and we got to know each other , I asked her “ do you have a home ? “ . She replied back with her smile again , “ I have nothing but only god “. Then I started to relise , this woman is homeless . But I was so confused how she always kept smiling . She then said “ I have limited of food, I eat once a meal a day , I sleep on a bench.
But really how I cope with this all is , I pray to God every day, that im always thankful he created me and what I just have . What I can say is , pray when life gets complicated and pray when life is good. Suddenly she had a spark in her eye and told me that I was the first person to have a conversation with her in 3 months. . Her story really moved me , as I fell on my knees and sheded some tears , I held her hands and told her “ God bless you” .

From vivian le year 9 st.clare catholic high school hassal grove nsw

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!