Tall, Black Hair, And A Moustache

“Bill Ferguson, a High Class Detective, has been struggling with this case and simply can’t put the puzzle together. “So far, four banks have been robbed in the last five months. I think the Detective Department should put a new detective on the case”.
“I’d like to see you try”, Bill Ferguson said. It had been on the news all week as the top story and bill was not happy.
It was his 154th day on this case, and the only information he got was a few mug shots, a hat and a pair of sunglasses. These tell you he is tall, skinny and that he has black hair and a moustache.
He was restless, for yesterday he had searched for clues for six hours. He went downstairs and opened his front door to a cold, brisk winter morning of New York. As usual, he would get a nice plate of egg and bacon that warms up his heart, while reading the paper.
As he walked upstairs, and into his apartment after breakfast,he decided that he would take the day off to relax. All he did that day was sit around listening to the radio. When he got really tired he flicked the TV on to try and wake himself up but all it did was make him fall asleep.
The next morning there was a bird chirping away on the branch just outside the lounge room window. Today, he was going to put all of this thinking abilities towards this case so, as usual, he got up and did his normal daily routine. He went downstairs, had breakfast, read the paper and went searching for clues.
By the time the day had finished, he was tired and was right back where he started with the case. As he sat down on his couch, his phone rang. He picked it up.
It was the Detective Department. The man on the other end of the phone was speaking really fast. Bill understood what he was saying, though. He was fired. Fired from the only thing he was good at. He was exhausted and desolate so he went to bed.
He woke up at ten in the morning and felt really bad. He eventually did his usual routine for the morning. He went downstairs and ate his eggs and bacon while reading the paper. Today, he thought he might watch a movie.
He looked over at the video store and saw a man outside. It was him! Bill got up from his seat! He started to run! He went out of the shop and ran full pelt towards the man outside the store!
He got to the middle of the road! He’d forgotten to look for cars! A bus came screaming towards him and that was it ………………
It all went black.
This can’t be real.
It can’t be true.
I was so close, too ……

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!