Sally's Big Adventure

There once was a brave girl named Sally who lived in America. One day Sally decided to go on a big adventure to climb the highest mountain in Australia. The next day Sally packed her things and ran to the train station to catch the train to the airport. Sally found a slight problem, she missed her plane by 1 minute. ‘What am I going to do?’ Sally cried. Sally would have to wait until tomorrow morning because all the other planes were going somewhere else. So Sally got out an old pillow and her sleeping bag and slept at a cheap hotel for the night.

Sally woke up at 6am, packed her things and just made it to the plane as it was leaving. "Phew" Sally thought because she didn’t want to miss her plane again. It was a very big plane and Sally ordered three pancakes with maple syrup and freshly squeezed orange juice.

Finally, after a long flight, Sally arrived in Australia. Sally saw the mountain she was going to climb from the plane window. The plane landed and Sally got off and caught a bus to the mountain. It was 43 degrees outside.

Sally placed her things underneath a tree, she tied her rope around her skinny waist and off she went. It took 6 hours to get up the mountain because it was so hot. She did not see or hear anyone else. Sally took heaps of photos from the top of the mountain. Sally saw EVERYTHING. Sally thought about going to the beach.

She climbed back down the mountain in 5 hours and caught a bus to the beach. Sally got out her wetsuit and surfed for 3 hours. When she finally arrived home her family was so glad to see her they celebrated by going to Disneyland.

Eventually Sally became famous for climbing the biggest mountain in Australia.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!