A Case On The Mystery Man

There was a door in the way. A door that stood between Tom Clancy, our detective for the day, and his case. A case, of the Mystery Man. Tom Clancy didn’t mess around, he was always on time, always ready and always free because no one contacts him. Until now.
Tom stood there, looking at the door. I’d say he was expecting it to open itself but that would be stupid. It just looked nice. Tom knocked on the door, his hairy, and manly, knuckles rasped the door. He did it gently though because WOW that door looks nice. A man with the name of Heroldo came to the door.
“Ah, I see you have arrived.” came Heroldo, stating the obvious. Tom hoped this wasn’t going too often. Tom went inside to look around. The place was okay, but it looked a little under furnished. Heroldo closed the door and walked to Tom. It was the kind of walk that looked… off.
“I say my dear chap, you arrived right on time. We just don’t see that from today’s youth why, back in my day…” (Many hours later) “And that’s how I found out that cookies are delicious.”
Through some miracle, Tom stayed awake through the lecture about apricots and pompous ponces, who have been given too much power over England. That point didn’t make much sense because they were in New Zealand but whatever.
“Now why did I invite you over again?” Heroldos age was showing. “Ah yes! I do believe I am in a spot of bother.” Heroldo gave Tom a folder. It was yellow and made of paper, with ‘Top Secret’ blazed across the front. It was probably secret. “You see, my company has lost a lot of important um… research and we suspect that a Mystery Man is behind it.” Go figure.
Tom did not hesitate. He thanked the old man and walked out, ready to catch that crook. (Many days later) So far, Tom had found much evidence regarding his best theory. And he decided that he was going to go straight to Heroldo to explain his theory.
Tom arrived at Heroldos’ mansion, ready to break the news. After being let in, Tom sat Heroldo down and said,
“Now, Heroldo, I have done many days of non-stop investigation. I searched every nook and cranny until I found out who was behind all this. And now, I give you my result!” The suspense was deafening, assuming suspense makes sound. You could cut it with a knife, although that isn’t very nice. Finally, Tom said… “Your team keeps forgetting to save.”

Case Solved!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!