Kidnapped

Elizabeth was rehearsing for a new version of Sleeping Beauty. She was lying on the big soft bed with her head sinking into the pillow. When the director yelled,
"And... Action!"
I close my eyes and wait for the sound of footsteps coming up the steps and to feel someone's lips on mine. Everything was silent.
"Cut!" yells the director. "Were is the Derek? He is suppose to climb the stairs and kiss the Liz."
"I'll go down and look for him," I tell the director. I climb of the bed and carefully make my way down the stairs, making sure not to rip the expensive dress I was wearing.
It was dark downstairs. And very cold. Hang on... It was never cold down here.
"Hello!" I call into the distance. There was no reply. I was walking across the creaking floor boards when a dry and dirty hand covers my mouth. I try to wiggle out of the person's grip but the grip was too strong. I hear a quiet whisper in my ear.
"Don't make me have to kill you." As they're whispering a sharp blade gets brought to my neck. I stop moving. The cold blade brought horrifying images to my mind. The images were of me. On the ground. There was blood everywhere.
"Good girl. Now come with me." I had no choice but to follow. With the blade still at my neck, I wonder what would happen to me? Will anyone come looking for me? How will they find me?
I get pushed into the sunlight. Don't you hate it when you being kidnapped from a studio and the studio is in the middle of nowhere so no-one can see the crime? I do. We make our way to a big black van when a big man wearing a black suit opens the back door.
"Here is where you'll be sitting. It's not very comfortable, but, I don't really care." He releases the knife and pushes me into the van. I look around the dark van and see the faintest glimpse of Derek.
"Is that you Derek?" I whisper in the darkness.
"Yes." Derek's hand reaches out for mine and whispers with the same volume I used.
"Whatever happens, I will always be by your side."

To be continued...

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!