Victimized

Pain. She felt this as she walked through the school gates every day. The stares, the names, the gestures. Everyone was so evil. Her innocence, stolen.
Five brutal years of this torture called bullying. All the hate in the world seemed to be directed at her and it had really hurt. Bashings, names, and being excluded were what she tried her best to put up with as every day slowly went by.

The whole world was against her. She was told all day every day that she was a waste of space and oxygen, that she should just go slit her wrists and kill herself.

‘Go kill yourself.’ they would say.
‘What would you do if I really did jump with a rope around my throat?’ she would reply numbly.

They would just grin mockingly. ‘I would laugh and dance on your grave.’

That comment got her every time. Tears had always pricked her eyes and eventually would've ran down her cheeks. She would hide away all day behind the school building, away from all the drudgeries of her life. Home was the same, her parents both ignored her and she was the only child, so she was constantly alone, this was where she was most in danger... of her thoughts. They killed her from the inside.

She only just survived her classes that day, the bullying was getting worse though, people would pretend that she wasn't there and when they had an insult they would say it really loudly so everyone heard it and joined in with the laughter that always followed a hurtful statement.

It was worse when recess and lunchtime came. She would go and hide in her spot behind the building and let out all her tears that she held back during her classes, everything she had been through would run through her mind as she sat there, alone.

Every day, every recess and lunchtime that she sat there by herself she would look up at the tree on the top of the big hill next to the school and wonder how she was going to tie a noose to one of the overhanging branches. She would wonder where she would get the rope from and how she could escape the school without anyone noticing. Not that anyone would care anyway.

She hated this world she lived in. She wished for the world to turn into a better place. It never did, and never will. People are cruel, the world is cruel, life is cruel. You can either deal with it or you can’t. She couldn't.

One day, she took a rope from the gym and ran out of the school and to that tree. She formed a noose from scratch and hung it from a branch, she slowly slipped the loop at the end of the noose over her head and it rested around her neck. She took one last look around her and one last breath.

She jumped, the pain was gone.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!