Sam

One night, when there was no moon, a man came sneaking down a deserted beach wondering if his radiation detector was right. Sam, a museum worker, was also hoping he was not being followed. He was on quest to find… The Invisible Ray!!!
The Invisible Ray is a metallic ray that was once lost over a millennia ago. Every museum wanted to find it, but couldn’t. It has the power to obey only the finder and give him or her light!
Sam’s detector began flashing slowly which meant that he was getting closer. Looking up, Sam found himself staring at the DARK WOODS! Just thinking about it gave him goose bumps. Sam had to enter so he took a deep breath and stepped in.
Walking carefully Sam watched the detector’s light get brighter and as it began to blink, he delved deeper into the woods.
As the radiation detector blinked faster and faster, Sam’s hair began to stand on end and he jumped a metre high when the detector beeped and flashed green. He knew he had found the spot. Sam took out a shovel and started to dig into the slimy mud. It wasn’t long before he hit something hard. PING! When Sam felt around a light blazed and he jumped back, alarmed. When Sam felt again the light blazed and he picked up something small, hard and smooth. Sam could see his hands but also light. Sam had discovered the Invisible Ray! For a moment Sam sat there, stunned.
Hearing a rustle in the forest behind him, which made Sam’s hair stand on end again, he knew someone else was closing in. Terrified out of his wits, Sam bolted back the way he’d come! He burst back out onto the beach and kept on running. He reached his car and hid the Invisible Ray in his jacket. He drove quickly to the museum and locked himself in his office. He called his boss and told him to come quickly to the museum to show him what he had found.
Half an hour later his bleary eyed boss arrived. As his boss sat down he said, “This better be good!” So Sam handed him the small object still wrapped in his jacket and told him to open it to see for himself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!