Dark Falls

It all started when my sister found an old doll with the head cut off and smeared red lips. When I heard that we had to moves houses I was grief stricken. “Why do we have to go” I cried but it was like my mum wasn't there she was staring straight ahead blank and indifferent. I was so sad to go but then a thought cheered me up the new town could be bigger and better. So I decided to type up the name of the city ‘dark falls’ but nothing came up. When I got there I was in dismay the house we lived in was small and looked like it had been abandoned for years with its moldy walls and creaky floor boards. I heard voices in the other houses but like ours those houses seem abandoned. So I decided to walk around the city and when I walked around I saw this person with scars along their neck. I went to that person but he saw me and started crying “the doll the doll is back” and then he ran away. So I walked away surprised. When I woke up in the morning I screamed because the doll was sitting there staring at me. I went to my sister’s room to tell her it wasn't funny but she was still fast asleep. So I opened the door and then doll fell onto my face and then I threw it away and stormed out of the room. When I got to the school I heard voices but there was nobody in the school at all but half of the voices were muttering “the doll” over and over. Then my dad came to the school and said that our mum died today so we went home and I saw that she was sliced to bits. Sitting nearby was that doll sitting there its face turned into a smirk which I swear it didn't have before. The next day me and my dad went to cut down the trees but the chainsaw was gone. So my dad decided to look around the house and he found the doll leaning against it so he went to pick the axe up the he was shoved down by the doll. I and my sister decided to call the police.
sister
when I went to sleep I heard this creepy voice say “I am climbing up the stairs, I am going down the hall, I am opening the door, I am in front of you” then I opened my eyes and screamed the doll was in front of me with a knife in its hand then it slit my throat.
ME
The cops I arrived so I ran to my sisters’ room and I saw the doll sitting there so I ran to the cops and told them the story. The cops took me to a foster home back at my town and I lived there peacefully. Its Christmas time I said cheering. So I ran down to the tree and waited for everybody else. Finally I got to open up a present and when I opened it I screamed as I saw the same smeared red lips smirking at me

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!