Wanted, Found, Killed

Her devastated shrieks of horror and pain pierced my heart. That moment when I stood there, helpless, intimidated, and watched her suffer the excruciating pain of a pain penetrating through her head. It was like one of those crime movie scenes; where the bullet left the barrel of the killer’s gun, swiftly flew through the air, made its way through the victim’s head and came out the opposite side leaving a gush of crimson red blood flowing out of the gaping hole.

“Run, Karol, run!” she half-begged half-screamed as the masked man planted his gun on her left temple. Those were her final words. A deafening bang followed, and then a crack, and lastly an uncomfortable moan. The bullet left her drowning in her own blood. The criminal then walked away as if nothing had happened, holding my sister’s purse. It was as if a lightning bolt had struck me. It was as if I had been repeatedly stabbed in the abdomen. It was the worst pain I had ever experienced in my whole life - watching her die right in front of my eyes.

Vigorously, I shook her multiple times and I received no response, not even the tiniest movement. From there, I watched the life of an innocent teenager drain out of her body. I watched her beautiful fair skin turn into a pale, lifeless blue. That blue my brother had turned into when search crews recovered his body from the River Thames three and a half years ago. He took his own life by leaping off the concrete bridge that spanned between the two banks because of an unstable relationship. The sister that I loved, the sister that took care of me ever since I was a baby, is now dead. Gone. This will be forever engraved in my mind.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!