Darcy

I want to tell you a story, there was a boy, his name was Darcy. He led his life as anyone should, happy with friends and family. He always dreamt of bigger though, he dreamt of distant lands, he dreamt of people and their worlds. He wanted to know what it was like to walk in someone else s shoes, he wanted to trade demons and angels, fears and loves. He kept these hopes to himself and just smiled as he sipped coffee and smoked with his friends. This desire however itched at the back of his mind, he wanted to change himself but he wanted to stay with his friends. He wish for them to stay and laugh no matter who he was but he thought that wish would be impossible to grant. After the days, weeks and months passed he found his friends changing and staying together, not falling apart as he first thought. He decided to put his fears to rest and changed with them and gained strength of will. He realised that his friends would be there whether he changed or not. He still wanted to see those worlds of the people in those distant lands but he'd lost the fear of change and loss. Though he didn't want to leave his friends for other people, he loved his friends. So he spoke, he spoke of the worlds he could see, he spoke of how he loved and how he didn't want to leave behind and so he asked, he wanted them to come with him he wanted to share those worlds. His friends didn't hesitate to agree and see those worlds that he so fondly spoke of. Darcy and his friends left their homes and families with goodbyes of words and tears. They set off and began to start their journey, their stories.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!