Xavier And Mrs Cora

There I was sitting in class listening to Mrs Smith speak about our History test when Mrs Cora came in and asked to see me. I looked up at Mrs Smith and with her nod of approval I stepped outside. Mrs Cora started talking to me about some sort of learning support in Maths outside when suddenly she turned into a flying bat like thing with talons and snake heads. With a slash of her talons I was down, down on the ground with a cut on my shoulder. "Hiss" I heard. I thought, 'Be a man Xavier.'
I got up and grabbed my pen out, trying to trace back to when we learnt about talons and snake heads and what Percy did with his magic pen that turned into a sword when he pulled off the cap. So I tried. I pulled the cap off my pen and suddenly this huge bronze sword popped up, just like Percy's did. Another swipe of her talons and ouch. No, I didn’t hit me, just the shock hurt. I almost got her with my sword when at the corner of my eye I saw it. I saw it. I couldn’t believe it when... Then I woke up by the noise of my mom screaming, "Hurry up we're late!" It took me a moment to realise what just happened. I was still wondering if it was a dream or not. Just to see if it was, I got my pen and pulled of the cap... Nup, nothing. "Hurry up Xavier," yelled Mom.
"I'm coming," I screamed back.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!