A Beautiful War

A war is beginning; it's not time for sinful forgiving.
Who will be the one to reign, both with a different power but none the same.
At first the only thought was to sit and watch, but isn't that just what they want?
I was convinced to put up a fight, but it was incredibly hard to find the guiding light.
At first I played my cards real strong, and thought I wouldn't give up no matter how long.
Taking me down one by one, infuriating me and impacting a tone.
I was determined to stay alive, never standing down was the goal I strived.
Always seeing the evil within, and looking past the deadly sin.
The war went quiet as we planned our attack, but they knew my weaknesses and the ones I lack.
At first they tried winning at sight, but their superior was blinding too bright.
Just when I thought the war was about to end, SOS was the urgent message I unknowingly needed to send.
They came back fighting once more, letting my guard down I was the first to lie flat on the floor.
The main goal was to manipulate me by thought, even a gun wouldn't save me as I fort.
I relied on prayer to get me through, but how does it help when each force equally good as new.
It's now a war between the three, a never ending war we'll just have to see!

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!