Bad But Happy Day

It was a foggy morning. All the trees were still as they could be. I was wrapped up in my dressing gown trying to keep warm, when all of a sudden I heard a BANG. I looked around where I was standing but I saw nothing out of position. BANG. I heard another bang, this time I peered through the window and I saw trees getting cut.

“Hey you!” I yelled to the man in a humongous machine.

He pointed his finger at himself, I nodded. I sprinted to my bedroom to get changed into winter cloths and went to the front door. I opened and closed the door really quickly so all the cold air didn’t make it into the house.

The man said, “Why do you want me?”

“Because I was wondering why you are cutting down my trees?”

“Can I cut down your trees?” the man asked.

“NO YOU CANT CUT MY LOVLEY TREES DOWN BECAUSE I AM TRYING TO GROW FRUIT!” I tried to keep my temper down but I couldn’t.

“Gee” said the man who looked like he was about to throw a stick at me. So I went inside and wrote in my TIFF journal. It stood for Thoughts, Ideas, Fears and Feelings. I wrote:

Dear Dumb, but helpful journal,

I had a very bad morning so far. To start with a guy who cuts trees down wanted to cut my trees. So you know what I did. I yelled at him for no reason. If it gets warmer this afternoon I am going to the beach to calm my nerves, scuba dive and have a look at all the different types of fish and corals.

Later that day on my way to the beach, I saw the man from earlier in the day sleeping in his weird machine. So I searched for a feather and tickled his nose with it. The man looked like he was about to sneeze all over me. I waited for a couple of seconds to see if he would sneeze. But instead of sneezing he woke up and so I said “Excuse me but can you please get off my land and out of my way?”

“Sure” said the man gleefully.

So I waited for him to leave and made sure was out of sight. One hour later I finally arrived at the beach. I walked down on the foot-path and saw a sign that said to the beach. I followed the direction, and then I saw sand, so I took off my thongs and went to the beach. I ran straight to the water and dived in. I was so surprised to see all different types of fish and lots of different coloured corals. When it was 7:30pm I decided to go home. Later when I arrived back home I was all happy and grateful to still have my trees and I was so refreshed from the scuba dive.


FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!