Hallucination

It is March 24th 2012. My name is Alice Blake. I have just woken up from a month long coma. When I returned home my dad had set up a massive party for me. I saw everyone I knew except the person I have wanted to see since I woke up from the coma, Grace Westley. After the party I tried to sleep but I wasn’t the slightest bit tired. I looked out my window to find Grace standing there. “How long have you been there?” I asked her. “I would have alerted you but listening to you talk to yourself is hilarious,” Grace responded. “I was talking to myself,” I said confused. “Yeah,” she replied. After a moment of silence Grace finally said, “Look I have something to tell you but you cannot tell anyone else. Ok?” I agreed, “Of course, we are best friends. Right?” Grace told me she had a job but it wasn’t a normal job. I asked her to explain and she replied, “I am a serial killer. I work for the bloodsuckers. I kill for money.” I was confused. “You have committed murder?” I asked. Grace sighed, “Anyway I need you to help me on this.” I was shocked, of course I would never kill a human, but she was my best friend. How could I say yes to helping a killer? I managed to build up enough courage to answer, “No, sorry.” Annoyed, Grace said as she left, “You wuss. I knew I couldn’t count on you!” I had not seen Grace for a couple of weeks, so I headed to her house hoping she wouldn’t still be upset with me. I knocked on her door, nobody answered. I knew she was there, I could hear her. I broke in through the window. I looked up to find Grace knocking me out with a rock. When I woke up, I discovered Grace’s parents dead. When I ran out the door I heard Grace scream, “You know the secret, you must join or pay the price. You hear me Alice? I will get you!” I ran home. Grace was out the back. I thought to myself, 'How did she get there so fast?' I picked up a glass and hid in a cupboard. Grace opened the door and I smashed the glass on her head, she fell. I ran outside, Dad was there. he ran up to me. I woke up from being unconscious to see my dad dead and police everywhere. “How could you kill your dad like that,” my mum yelled at me. “No, it was Grace,” I said. “Who’s Grace?” my mum replied. I looked down at my hand, I was holding a knife. I killed him. It dawned on me that I had an alter ego that kills. I was never unconscious. Falling to the floor as the policeman arrested me, I knew I’d be in jail for a long time, I just hoped Grace wouldn’t be visiting me there.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!