Vampire Vendetta

Four young men stood at the bow of a ferry. It was late afternoon and all were hot, tired and sweaty. There was obviously some tension in the air and a few of the men were clenching and unclenching their fists. Eventually, the one who was standing a little apart from the others threw up his hands in frustration. "I can't stand this anymore!" he shouted. A few of the other passengers looked around in surprise.
"What?" asked another one of the boys, rather sheepishly.
"You know perfectly well what, James," he replied while running his fingers through his ruffled brown hair. "When I suggested to not talk to each other for a minute I didn't mean while glaring with clenched teeth!"
James shuffled and stared at his feet. "Well, Matthew didn't need to punch..."
"Oh ho, yes I did!" started Matthew triumphantly, "You threw my lapto..."
"Children, children," interrupted the one who had so far been quiet. His soft voice seemed to penetrate the other men's subconscious. They looked around uneasily. It was obvious this one made the other young men nervous. He seemed to radiate a quiet air of confidence that seemed worrying in every possible situation. "Must ve argue? Tom's right." He left it at that, and stepped back curiously to see what would become of the situation. He didn't really care, but people interested him. The others swallowed nervously. There was a slight pause, then Tom continued the conversation. "See? Alastair agrees with me! We should leave it at a misunderstanding and forget about it."
"But..." interjected James and Matthew simultaneously.
"SHUTUP!" roared Tom. Some of the passengers jumped up and started to edge inside the main cabin area. He was about to continue but Alastair beat him to it. The last shout had rendered his head a ball of pain and fury and what's more, the sun was starting to burn his sensitive pale skin. It was not a good mood to see Alastair in. "All settled then," He growled, "Ve'll leave it at a misunderstanding." Tom, James and Matthew watched in a near phobic state as Alastair swept into the cabin, his black ragged cloak billowing behind him. "Was he always wearing that?" Matthew asked unsteadily.
Tom shrugged, just as shaken. "He said he was from the UK didn't he? Weird, that accent sounded almost... Hungarian." They all laughed nervously, then stopped and considered the possibility. "Nah." James was the first to dismiss the thought. "C'mon, we're almost there." Alastair watched from the shadows as the trio left the ferry. "Hungarian eh? Ve vill see about that..."

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!