Vicious Raptors!

It was the year 2199, a cold day as they waited for the information to come through. “I cannot believe it, we can go and bring back the smartest dinosaur that ruled the earth,” exclaimed James. The scientists behind this had discovered a few bones that didn’t match any of the dinosaurs ever found. James, Kate, Jonny and Frank were the scientists about to go back 75 million years hoping to bring back a newly discovered dinosaur species which was said to be the smartest, fastest dinosaur ever.
“Today’s the day,” whispered Kate as she got out of bed. Today they were going back 75 million years. They did not know if they were going to come back at all or what they would see when they got there. They arrived at the lab where this experiment was being conducted, worried but slightly happy. They had their bags equipped with tents, food and most importantly water! They stepped on the beam as the computer voice counted 10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2...
BAM!!! They had landed in thick fog, trees that seemed like mountains. There was an eerie silence that fell over them. They were scared yet relieved that they were alive. There was a sudden noise. A huge Brachiosaurus came galumphing by them, they were truly astonished. “Woah that’s amazing!” yelled Frank. They had not realised that it was getting dark quiet quickly and some strange carnivorous animals had emerged from the dark. They set up their tent just on dark. Kate and James were in one tent, Jonny and Frank in the other.
They woke up to a scream. A smart, vicious, vile looking raptor was ripping up Frank and Jonny’s tent. Before James had time to get there Frank’s stomach had been torn apart by the beast. He was dead. Jonny had cut legs and was screaming in terror. “Tell my kids I loved them and always will,” stuttered Jonny. He went pale and tears rolled down his cheeks. He closed his eyes for the last time.
It was the next day. James and Kate were still scared out of their minds as to what happened last night. “Work must go on,” James said to Kate. “So we will be home tonight?" “Indeed we will,” said James. They had walked for about 20km when they saw it. A raptor standing about 6 feet tall. It looked as if it was going to kill them with its massive claw at the front of its feet. “One shot with the tranquilliser is all we need.” Bang!! It had hit the raptor but its hard outer scales prevented it from sticking in. It was charging for them now, Kate had loaded the gun again one shot fair in the eye. It had been blinded and knocked out. “We can take it back.”
They stepped on the beam with the knocked out raptor. Then voice counted again 10, 9, 8, the raptor woke up.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!