I Have Business

Bang. Bang. Shot after shot. It doesn’t help; you can’t fix a shot after a shot has been fired. At night I think about it, in slow motion. The Callabrei laughing, me staring as I was punched, spitting blood. My eyes never left him. I was kicked and bashed and still, my eyes never left him. I had a gun, why didn’t I shoot? He was the one who killed my nation’s hope, my family, and my friends. He killed them all, and I didn’t shoot. I toss and turn; I stood up & grab my gun, sticking it in the belt. I put my hair in a high plait; it needs to be out of my face. I kiss my little brother on the cheek, the little angel. If anything happened to him... I don’t even want to think about it.
That’s it. I am going to assassinate him, I am going to kill him, even if I die, it will be worth it. I know where he is and I know how to get there. I run with my shirt over the belt, but my hand always on the gun. I climb up the tall tree and run across the branch, I jump and land on the roof of the tall building. Quietly I crawl down the building, fifth window on the right, I keep repeating it to myself, praying he will be there, alone, it is the most stupid thing I have ever done. Killing someone with no plan. But I have to do it. It will haunt me forever if I don’t.
I jump in the fifth window and shoot the first person I see. Bang. It wasn’t him, a woman in her fifties, ‘No, oh God no.’ my hands started to shake and I dropped the gun at her feet. I had killed an innocent woman. I didn’t know her but I started to sob, nobody knows how soul wrenching it is to know you have killed someone. I heard footsteps and grabbed the gun, jumping into the cupboard.
I heard the footsteps get louder and louder as someone walked into the room. I heard a girlish scream. “MUM! OH GOD MUM!!!” I peeked out the door and saw a man, holding a girl at about 19 years of age, and she was lurching with each sob. My hand went to my mouth as I tried to hold in my own sobs.
The man looked around for a hint. I saw his face, and my heart stopped. It was him, it was the guy. I jumped out from the cupboard and the man stepped away from the girl. She looked shocked as I held the gun up towards the man. I let out two shots, into the man’s chest. He collapsed over and the girl screamed again. She looked up at me with tears through her eyes. “I’m sorry.” Was all I said as I climbed out of the window and back up onto the roof. I sat there curled up in a ball. I did something horrible, I can’t believe that I actually killed an innocent women. Just because I was too caught up in my own mind. I have blood on my hands, and a lot of it.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!