War Of A Planet

It’s the year 3013. Earth has been destroyed by humans and most of the population are on gigantic space cruisers. The army are waging war on a planet known as Lemuria the fight is between the humans and the Proxon warriors who are much more scientifically advanced, but humans have stolen some of their technology. This is the story of Commander Stout and his squad.
Marcus, a soldier, was checking his watch every couple of minutes. Beads of sweat were forming on his forehead. 'Where is the captain,' he thought. 'We have to leave soon.' Then he saw a hover craft coming. 'There he is,' he thought, wiping his forehead in relief. His captain was not a moment late. “Captain your ship and crew are waiting for you,” he said saluting the captain.
“Excellent tell them to prepare the ship and be ready to move as soon as possible.”

“Yes sir,” Marcus shouted over the loud hum of the hover craft. Marcus then ran over to the crew and barked, “Captain wants us moving A.S.A.P people. Prepare engines, check that we have all the equipment and food this will be a long ride.” In ten minutes all checks were done and they were on their way. The crew felt a sense of relief when they were up and going. 'Perfect,' thought Marcus, 'the sooner this scouting mission is done, the sooner they will get back.' He would rather not be blasted out of the skies by enemy plasma bursts or fried alive by magma blasts but nothing bad had happened so far and they were half way through the mission.
A couple of hours later the first problem arose, “Um Captain there is something on our radar and its moving for us fast,” Marcus said nervously.
“Can you identify it soldier?” Commander said through the inbuilt microphone in his helmet.

“I’ll try Commander but the scanners are picking up barely anything, it’s like its invisible.” Just then a streak of blue hit the ship which sent the ship plunging towards the ground. The sirens were howling, the injured were screaming in pain and the g-force was pulling their eyes out of their sockets. “Commander it’s an infiltrator ship. They are bringing us down!” Marcus shouted, beads of sweat running down his forehead.
“Try to get a lock on, and as soon as you have fire our missiles,” Stout commanded.
“But we can’t, it’s too fast and the scanners are failing from the blast to the power generator. We are going down!” Marcus said trying to get the ship under control.
“Abandon ship everyone, now. That’s an order!” Marcus and the crew jumped off the ship and activated their parachute. BOOM the ship exploded and with it so did the infiltrator. 'Well that solves one problem,' the commander thought.
To be continued

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!