Never Before

I have never felt like this before. It's a new feeling, a weird and tingly feeling. As I lean forward to him, the one, I start to wonder “Is this real?.” BANG! Obviously not. That actually really hurt. I’m flat on my face by the bed. I hurry to get myself dressed and ready for the first day of school. Ugh. I hate school; just the thought makes me want to throw up. It wouldn't be so bad if I was popular like my brother. As I thump down the stairs to my un-healthy, un-appetising breakfast I realise that today is going to give me a migraine.
“Sup,” I say to Riley, my brother.
“Go away,” he says, giving his hair the flick.
“Fine,” I say, too tired to rebut his remark.

After three periods of pure torture I chug through the cafeteria searching through the human maze for a free table. Then I see him. The guy from my dream standing across the room. He’s even better in person. O...M...G! He winks at me, or so I thought. I look behind me to see the beautiful Sophia Ryan. She's doing her usual routine with new guys. She ruffles through her perfectly shaped hair before she makes kissy faces at them. She brushes past me and goes up to him but suddenly he strides towards me. What was a cute guy like him coming up to a nobody like me? He's insane. Insanely cute.
“I couldn't help but notice that you were looking for a table?” he says.
“Thanks. No one ever notices me,” I say trying not to sound unpopular.
“You can sit with us then,” he says pointing over to a table full of people that I know. They're not my friends but they're close enough.
“By the way my name's Chris, Chris Smith.”
“My name's...Amber. Amber... Joyce,” I stutter.
“Pretty name,” he says, guiding me to his table.
“Thanks,” I say trying not to blush too much.

That lunch was the best time that I've in a long time. Chris and I chatted; got each other’s phone numbers and laughed at Sophia Ryan Who was so embarrassed that she got turned down. It was perfect.
Weeks have passed and Chris and I got to know each other more and more each day. He's amazing. He so athletic, captain of the school debating team and gets straight A's in everything. He's perfect.
After school he asked me to a party. Of course I agreed. At the party we danced, sang at the top of our lungs and laughed so hard I thought my stomach was going to burst. At the end of the party Chris offered to drive me home. As we reached my front porch he leaned forward and kissed me; not just a peck on the cheek but on the lips. I have never felt like this before, this weird, tingly feeling. This definitely is not a dream.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!