Mageville

In a place very far away, there was a school called, “St Mage High School”, a school for wizards. There are three students named Will, Harry and Oscar.

They all studying Fire Magic and already know Summon Fireball, Dragon Breath and Melting Spell.

At school this week Harry learnt that Melting Spell can melt almost anything not just melt ice and evaporate water. Oscar signed up for an Air Wizardry Competition, he told the others about this competition. Harry told him that this is a competition to the death!

“Woops,” said Oscar,” Because I signed you guys up too!”

“You did what!?” shouted Will and Harry, simultaneously.

“Sorry!” said Oscar.

Will studied hard on Air Wizardry, while Harry and Oscar played around.
Will learned many things on Air Wizardry as Harry and Oscar played around

“I know!” said Harry “let’s melt the sign up sheets.”

“You can use the Melting Spell on paper?” asked Oscar.

“Yeah I know, awesome hey!” replied Harry.
“Well why are we standing out here?” said Oscar.

They found the sheets. Harry started to chant, “Melt, melt, ice to water, water to steam, melt the sheets of paper,” and the paper became ashes.

"Mr Harry Pobloom, what do you think you're doing?" scolded Mr Gravetine.

“Uh…. I’m practising my Revival Spells,” Harry said worriedly.

“Ok then, use it!”

“Burnt ashes and paper, revive, revive, from the dead and live you life,” chanted Harry.

Mr Gravetine watched Harry and murmured things about him.

The competition grew nearer and nearer and only five days before Harry broke his arm while riding his broomstick.

Today was the day. The names got called out, “Harry Pobloom!”. Harry showed him the note his mother wrote on his scroll.”Ok, then you can’t compete,” explained Mr Gravetine. Oscar thought if he let Will kill him, then he wouldn’t have really put his friends' lives on the line, but he was worried about the other contestants.

After everyone’s name was called out they began. Will and Oscar teamed up, it wasn’t too hard. The only people that signed up were new kids and they were easy as Water Magic. I guess everyone knew that it was to the death.

Will killed five people while Oscar killed three people. It was very soon that they had to fight each other. “Now you shall duel on the Legendary Dragons,” said Mr Gravetine. Will and Oscar charged. There was much suspense in the crowd. As they got closer, Oscar dropped his sword. The crowd gasped as Will hit Oscar right in the face. Oscar was dead.

Will and Harry were very upset with what happened to Oscar.

“Hey can’t we use the Revival Spell?” suggested Harry.

“No, it doesn’t work like that,” explained Will.

“Oh,” replied Harry.

Will and Harry went back to the arena. When they got there they saw Oscar flying around on the Dragon.

“How did you do it?” asked Will.

“A great Wizard never reveals his secrets,” replied Oscar.

They all laughed.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!