Famous Barrel Racer

One sunny morning, Casey went down to the sheds to get her saddle, helmet and her horse called moonlight.
Casey always dreamed about being a famous barrel racer, she practised every day. One day Casey saddled up Moonlight and told her mum she was going into town.
Casey was thinking about getting something to eat so she rode into town, tied up moonlight up and brought an ice cream. Casey overhead two people talking about a barrel racing competition,
so she dropped the ice cream and ran outside and jumped on Moonlight. She
started to shout, ‘’come on boy let’s go!’’They galloped home and Casey told her
Mum about the barrel racing competition. ‘’Please can t enter, mum?’’
mum said, ‘’yes but she would have to practise every day. ‘Ok Casey!’’ ‘’Yes’’
said Casey. She practiced all day. A couple of days later the competition was on. Casey
was sixth in the line. Casey went around the first and second barrel
then Moonlight slipped and fell with Casey falling underneath him.
Casey had to be taken to hospital.
The nurse rang her mum to tell her she had an accident. Casey’s mum came
down and she ran to Casey and asked her how she was. The doctor came in with the report and said ‘you have some broken bones, it well take a while to recover ok!’
Casey took a while to recover but before she knew it, she was jumping on moonlight and riding again. Casey went into the competition once again. Her name was called out to do the barrels. She went out and kicked off with a good start and around the barrels she went.
Everyone was cheering ‘’go Casey, you can do it’’ Everyone was waiting for the results. The announce meant came ‘’first place goes to Casey’’ Everyone was cheering for her. Casey got an envelope that said:
Well done, you have made it to one of the biggest shows in the world.
You will see some famous barrel racing champions hidden in the crowd.
If you perform well you will be selected to ride with one of the
Famous barrel racers
Thanks,
John Luke
:HOPE TO SEE YOU THERE

A couple of days later Casey’s mum took her down with Moonlight on the horse trailer.
They only had one day to get ready. In the morning Casey got up early to get Moonlight
ready Casey was nervous but her barrel race time was the best she had ever recorded.
Casey was the last one so everyone was waiting for the results.
They called out the results and Casey didn’t come first so she was sad.
But John Luke came down from the crowd and said ‘’I’ve chosen one person to ride with a famous barrel
Racer, ‘Casey’. Casey was so shocked.
So this was just the start of Casey’s famous barrel racing career.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!