Magic Diary

“Stop it!” Jack said when his brother Sam tried to pull the trigger from a water pistol. But it was too late. Jack was already soaking wet because Sam pulled the trigger several times.
“Mum!” shouted Jack.
Jack’s mother came and said, “Forgive him Jack! He has only turned 5 years old.”
“Can you stop squirting the water pistol at me!?” yelled Jack to Sam. Sam began to cry.
“Jack!” yelled Jack’s mum.
“Don’t be mean to your brother! Like I said he has only turned 5 years old!” Jack went into his room.
“Why? Why? Why does Mum let Sam do everything to me and don’t get angry at him especially on a Christmas holiday when school is about to start?”

Suddenly Jack found a book on his desk.
'I did not put a book on my desk,' thought Jack. He read the cover of the book. It said ‘Magic Diary.’ Jack opened the book. It said ‘Write your wish on this diary and the thing you write will come true tomorrow. But remember…’Jack was already too excited to read the next part.
'I think I should write something down…' thought Jack. He wrote, ‘Tomorrow I turn into Sam and Sam turns into me. If my brother does something wrong, Mum will be angry with Sam but if I do something wrong, Mum does not get angry at me.’ He certainly wanted this to happen.
“I can’t wait to next day!”

The next day, Jack finds himself in Sam’s room.
“That diary actually did do some magic!” he thought excitedly. When he heads towards to his real room, it said ‘Do not disturb!’ Jack was Sam so he entered into his real room. There, he saw himself still sleeping. He tried to find the diary on his desk but he could not. “I should’ve read the next bit of the diary!” exclaimed Jack. He went down stairs.
“You’re up early today!” said Mum.
“Oh… yeah… Up…early” said Jack.
“Jack should be up by now!” Jack’s mum went upstairs.
“Jack… Jack! JACK!” shouted Jack’s mum.
“Wha… what… what happened?” moaned Sam
“You're up late!” shouted his mum.
“Hurry up and get your clothes on!”
“But I’m only 5 years old!” sobbed Sam.
“No you are not! You are 11 years old! Now hurry up!” screamed his mum. ‘Crash!’ Jack smashed a vase that Sam gave to his mum.
“It’s ok Sam. You're only 5,” said his mum.
“But I am Sam!” shouted Sam.
“Your name is Jack!” Their mum got angrier. “Ok,” sighed Sam.

On the first day of school Jack was heading towards the senior side of the school.
“Where are you going Sam?” said his mum, confusedly.
“I’m going to my class room!” said Jack
“You’re supposed to go to preschool!” Then Sam came and went to the senior side of the school. Then Jack remembered he was Sam.
'Oh no! I am 5 years old!' thought Jack to himself.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!