A Carton Of Eggs

On a cool, breezy Sunday morning, an elderly lady had to make breakfast for her three grandchildren. She made pancakes for them every weekend.
She unpacked the eggs from the fridge and speeded to the shop in her sparkly, new Buggy tm. “Ouch,” whispered a mysterious voice from the carton. “Get off me,” demanded another. “ARRRRRRGH,” screamed three more as the carton tipped over, crack, splat, slop, squelch, CRACK!!!
Slimy egg whites and yolk covered the crystal bench. “I feel sick,” moaned a fresh, uncracked egg, “I...need...to...blaugh,” wailed another (as green sticky slime came out of his mouth.) “Hey, where are we?” questioned another.
These three eggs' names were Barry, Billy and Bobby. Barry was chubby, Billy was scrawny and Bobby was cute.
Over the next few minutes the eggs decided what to do. “It’s not fair, Bobby’s ideas always get picked and used,” decided Barry. “Same with me,” agreed Billy. “Well if you want to get cracked like the other eggs, so be it. I want to get off this bench,” grumbled Bobby as a giant paper aeroplane flew out of the naughtiest child’s bedroom. If you thought the eggs would jump on the paper aeroplane and fly off the bench, it is a bit cheesy but yes, the eggs then flew onto the kitchen floor for the next big part of the adventure. “Hey Billy, let's ditch Bobby so he’ll get lost,” whispered Barry. “Good idea,” replied Billy just as the eldest boys B ball collapsed on top of Barry as he cowered beneath it. “ARRRG...SPLAT,” were the last words heard from Barry’s mouth before he was unfortunately crushed. “I knew that would happen,” exclaimed Bobby just as a blast of thunder and a crack of lightning was seen and heard from outside. Drip, drip, drip, bam, bam was heard as rain and hail hit the window. “Uh-oh,” mumbled Billy as the powerful wind thrust the window open and the horrible weather pelted Billy. “ARRRGH...slip CRACK,” went Billy as the two eggs were now down to one. The horrible weather began to ease as sunlight was able to light up the house. “Aaaaaaagh,” sighed Bobby as he jumped out of the window to explore the wonderful world.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!