A Campsite

One night when the sky was black and the stars were twinkling, a loud bang came out behind out tent. My sister Alyssa awoke me with a shock.
I suddenly bounded up out of bed and stood outside the tent. Alyssa was shaking and crying and wanted mum. I knew that I couldn’t call mum to tell her but my brothers campsite was a couple of blocks away. The only problem was that between our campsite and my brothers campsite was bush!
What are we going to do? It was about 2:00am in the morning when the bang went off and now it’s about 2:45am. The sun is about to come up I said to Alyssa. She cried with happiness. I could just see the joy coming out of Alyssa’s eyes. My mother was coming to pick us up in a couple of hours and we can tell her then. Alyssa didn’t want to go to our brothers campsite; she just wanted to go home. Later on that night our mother did not show up. So Alyssa and I went for a walk to find reception, but no luck.
It was pitch black and Alyssa and I couldn’t sleep. We kept getting bitten by mozzies and marsh flies, it hurt. That next morning Alyssa and I woke up and went for a morning walk. As soon as we got back mum was standing there. We were so delighted to see her. So off we went along that dirty road back to Caine’s. Our brother ended up staying out there for a couple more nights. Alyssa told mum everything. I told mum about the noises, mozzies and marsh flies.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!