Danny

I was wandering around in the forest, until I heard a sound, suddenly, there was a huge wolf staring at me, I backed away, but it sat down as if to say there was no reason to be afraid. I had no idea where I was right now, or how far away the orphanage was. So all I could do is trust this beautiful wolf. He was chocolate brown but had a slightly darker stomach, with light brown eyes flecked with gold that stared at me. I started to walk toward him, he was a bit uneasy, so I slowed down. I reached by arm out so he knew I would do no harm, and he slowly walked closer to me. I then stroked his matted fur, that was soft as silk. I knew we would be friends for a long time. Suddenly, he pulled me behind him by my shirt, I was in shock right now, but he jumped into the bush and all I heard was snarling, biting and barking. He came out of the bushes, whining and trying to lick his leg as if it was in pain. I rubbed his ears, and then moved toward his leg. It was bleeding a lot so I looked around, and found what I was looking for. I ran to the eucalyptus tree and jumped to get a few leaves of it. When I got back, I snapped one in half and put it under his nose. He calmed down as he smelt it breathing a bit slower. I saw his leg bleeding a bit more and the snapped another one in half and then squeezed the liquid on to the big graze. I figured out he was trying to protect me before, and I patted him again as he sighed in relief, but then I heard a chuckle coming from the bushes. The wolf tried jumping up again but whined in pain so he sat down as I went to check out where the chuckle was coming from. I saw a man that was staring at me with a grin. ''Sorry its just funny to see you handle a big wolf like that, good for a beginner though.'' he laughed again and said, ''My name is Robin, call me Rob, I live here and I’m guessing that you have lost your way?'' I didn’t want to speak to him, but I mumbled that he was right, then he said, ''that wolfs name is Danny, looks like he’s chosen you.'' '' What do you mean chosen me?'' '' He is going to stick with you forever. I can show you how to ride him but first, what is your name?'' I answered, '' Jacqui, call me Jax though, please show me how to ride him, but give him a bandage first.'' he grabbed something out of his pocket, and wrapped it around Danny. After a few days, I knew how to ride, so we continued into our forever.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!