Kidnapped

Wednesday 14 March 1999

Hi my name is Ruby and before I start my friend Red went missing today I was terrified that I would never see her again. My family, Her Family and the police were trying to find her. About 2hrs after she went missing I found her at the skateboard ramp crying she had cuts on her but she is fine now. I live in the town of Mallee. I have a family of eight but I’m not going to introduce them it will take to long. On Friday two days after Red went missing I went missing. Isn’t that weird?

Okay now let’s go back in time to Friday. I am walking over to my best friend’s house her name is Red she is 11. We are walking to school when we got to the gate we talk about how she got taken. I freaked out when Red was gone. So we are back at school boring like always. Now it is 2:55 and I race over to Red and say “Hey Red are you coming to the tennis courts this afternoon”
“Don’t know but probably, but after the incident on Wednesday I’m still scared”
“Just remember to take your phone so we can text each other or track the phones down if something happens”.

We are walking to the tennis courts when suddenly a hand grabs my arm I scream. It’s pulling me now there is a rush going through my head. I see a faint image of Red, she’s running towards me I scream out to her “Red help Red” I can’t see her she’s gone. Then BANG someone has hit me across the head with a book and it has knocked me out. I hope I see Red and my family again.

My eyesight is clearing up I see a man and we are in an Industrial Park I have scars, rashes and cuts on my arms and legs. Then there is a vibrate coming from my phone. I hold it very still and turn the vibration off and look at what the vibration was all about it was a tracker alert thank god it came from Red she is tracking me. The man walks about to me and says “Hey you what’s ya name”
I say nothing
“hey I was talkin to ya, you stubborn old kid” he says under his breath.
I hear an engine outside and a siren following it. The man Starts running I chase after him even with cuts on my legs it is painful but I am a good runner and I will have to suck it up. I catch up to him and pin him down to the ground
I yell “I’ve got him come over here .“
The police come running and Red and my family are running after them. I run up to Red and give her a big hug and we are all reunited.

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!