KB Mystery

“Help!” I cried. There was someone there trapping me against the wall but I didn’t know who. I was freaking out and my heart was pumping very hard and loud. All of a sudden I realised that it was just my best friend Clancy. I should have known that, I thought , he is always playing tricks on me. “Ha, ha very funny Clancy!” I said in a not a very happy voice. “Yes! I so got you that time, Grace! You should have seen your face! Bullseye!” Clancy said laughing and jumping around my bedroom. “Yeah, Clancy, I get the picture, now let’s get moving!”

Once Grace and Clancy arrived they were excited! She started walking to her dormitory when suddenly she got his feeling that someone was following her. So she looked around but no one was there, so she kept on walking.

The first week of summer camp was over and Grace couldn’t stop thinking. During the week Grace found a note on her dormitory bed. The note was a code. Once Grace had cracked it, this is what is said:

I need this place destroyed
I need the money
For my final plan!
KB

Grace showed it to Clancy but he wasn’t much help. Alright, thought Grace, I will do it myself. Grace thought that KB wants to destroy this summer camp because.... Grace wasn’t quite sure. I need to solve this, thought Grace. It is up to me. Then all of a sudden Grace thought of something. I always get that feeling someone is following me, but no one is there. It must be KB! I should have known that.

Grace was in class but wasn’t paying attention until she heard a name that clicked in her mind. Kim Banks. KB or Kim Banks. One puzzle solved! The next day Grace walked into her dormitory and found another note like the first one. This is what it said:
I am watching you
I am not alone
Go to the girl’s toilet at
7 pm Monday
KB

“I will go!” said Grace out loud to no one. “I will!”

It was Monday at 7pm. Grace had just arrived and she saw someone in the shadows. “Hello Grace. You are just in time.” It was Kim Banks. “Hello Kim.” I am going to stop whatever you have planned. Anyway, why do you want to destroy this summer camp? What do you need from it?” Grace asked. “Under this camp is coal, oil and lots of other minerals that I can make a heap of money for my next plan!” KB said. Grace couldn’t wait a second longer. She had seen the bomb count down. Grace spotted a hammer, grabbed it and quickly smashed the machine into tiny little pieces and then KB disappeared.

There was a message on the floor from KB.

I will be back!
KB

Grace smiled. “I will be ready for you KB. I will!”

FOLLOW US


25

Write4Fun.net was established in 1997, and since then we have successfully completed numerous short story and poetry competitions and publications.
We receive an overwhelming positive feedback each year from the teachers, parents and students who have involvement in these competitions and publications, and we will continue to strive to attain this level of excellence with each competition we hold.

KEEP IN TOUCH

Stay informed about the latest competitions, competition winners and latest news!